Many women suffering with endometriosis, PCOS, ovarian cysts and fibroids have found relief from their fertility problems by using Dong Quai thanks to its ability to clear congestion by increasing healthy blood flow to the entire pelvic region. Dong Quai is also great at treating blood disorders like anemia and iron deficiency by promoting increased red blood cell promotion which can fortify the blood and alleviate many deficiencies within the bloodstream.
Dong quai boasts many health benefits. The medicinal properties of the herb manifest differently depending on which part of the plant is used. The end of the root is most associated with improving men and female health, including the ability to boost men’s and woman’s libido. A woman’s sex drive can diminish with age as estrogen levels begin to drop. Dong quai may work to counteract this effect by rebalancing estrogen levels so more regular arousal is achieved. Stress and fatigue are other common causes of low sex drive in women. Dong quai can help boost these energy levels with its complex nutritional makeup.
Dong Quai is a traditional Chinese herbal remedy that is growing more popular here in the Western world. Why it's gaining popularity has much to do with the tremendous benefits for both men and women. In fact, dong quai has been touted as a cure for infertility, hot flashes and maybe even cancer Nicknamed the "female ginseng" because of its benefits for women, dong quai is also effective for men's fertility.
Whether you are a man or a woman, here's what you need to know about dong quai and to improve your health now:
- Balances estrogen levels. Dong quai is the premier "gynecological regulator." It has the ability to reduce your estrogen levels if they are too high and can increase them if they are too low.
- Excellent blood tonic. Master herbalist, Ron Teeguarden, attributes the blood toning and nourishing effects of dong quai to its amazing vitamin and mineral content. Dong quai contains vitamin B 12, folic acid, folinic acid, nicotinic acid, and biotin.Dong quai is helpful after any injury or surgery to replenish your red blood cells and increase blood volume. It's included in nearly all Chinese herbal blood-building formulas.
- Treats iron deficiency and anemia. The cobalt in dong quai is thought to increase the hemoglobin content of your blood. (Hemoglobin is the protein in your blood that contains iron and carries oxygen to cells and carbon dioxide from them.)
- Boosts male fertility. Ferulic acid, an antioxidant found in dong quai, has been shown to improve sperm quality.
- Essential during and after menstruation. Dong quai is an antispasmodic that eases cramps and other symptoms of PMS. It dilates your blood vessels to increase flow during your monthly cleansing and helps replenish blood after your period has ended.Women who stop taking birth control pills may also find dong quai useful to encourage a regular cycle.
- Helps you feel happier! Dong quai is effective at reducing anxiety and could be useful to help you combat stress and reduce the severity of mood swings. It has a calming effect on your nervous system and promotes relaxation.
- Enhances female fertility. Only a generation ago, infertility was rare, but now it takes the average woman up to18 months to conceive. Women often seek the help of expensive fertility specialists and undergo painful procedures when an antifungal diet and an herb like dong quai may be all that are needed.
- Keeps you beautiful and youthful. Chinese women are known for their age-defying youthfulness, and dong quai may be a big part of it. Dong Quai preserves your natural beauty by encouraging health from the inside out.Ron Teeguarden notes that Dong Quai increases circulation, improves your complexion, and aids detoxification to clear blemishes.
- Treats alopecia, eczema and rosacea. Dong Quai's effect on the blood and circulation also prompts healing for common skin conditions like eczema and rosacea, neurodermatitis, pruritis, hives and vitiligo.